Hi Everybody!!

Hi Everybody!!
Welcome to my Hometown!!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Tonight I Bring You Greatest Places! (Greatest Places Photo Blog)


THE GREATEST PLACES

From oceans of sand to frozen deserts, Earth's most dynamic landscapes fill the giant screen with color and contrast. The Greatest Places takes audiences on a geographical odyssey to seven amazing locations — including Greenland's giant icebergs, Tibet's Chang Tang Plateau, and Iguazu's immense waterfall — that show nature's enduring power in high relief.

The film explores beautiful landforms, amazingly complex ecosystems, and rich cultures of indigenous peoples that are inseparable from the places where they live. Though diversity is the theme of The Greatest Places, the film reveals that nature, and human nature, are what unify us as a planet.
The Greatest Places is presented by the Science Museum of Minnesota in partnership with the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History, the St. Louis Science Center, the Cincinnati Museum Center, and the Goto Optical Manufacturing Co., with major funding provided by the National Science Foundation.
http://www.mos.org/educators/field_trip_resources/field_trip_activities/imax&d=2532&s=full







I can't believe I found this great performance! The Photography is incredible!  Allow Yourself the 39 minutes to see this vid (and no commercials!)
****Feature Presentation:  Just Push Play>
Published on Oct 3, 2011 by 
A beautiful look at various exotic locales and the lush scenery they offer. A team of expert photographers and sound recordists shine light on the scenery and wildlife of the Amazon, Greenland, Iguazu, Namib, Okavango, Tibet, and... A beautiful look at various exotic locales and the lush scenery they offer. A team of expert photographers and sound recordists shine light on the scenery and wildlife of the Amazon, Greenland, Iguazu, Namib, Okavango, Tibet, and Madagascar in this beautiful film originally made for IMAX theaters.


Hi Everybody!  I hope You enjoyed our Feature Presentation as much as I did!!!!
We are so lucky to have all of this information at our fingertips!! A friend told me they could just stay in the Blog for days at a time!!  Of course You are welcome to visit anytime, but watch your eyes and don't overdo it. You can return later. I am happy You are enjoying the Nature of our Planet.
For All of Us, the Greatest Place is HOME. Your photostudy tonight is the sunset I saw last night as I was heading home from town. (Once I get to the cabin, I can not see the sunset as I have too many trees!) I caught this sinking sun as I turned in the entrance. We all know how good it feels at the end of the day to  know that Home is just around the corner. So relax and enjoy the photostudy. Then I have 4 more bonus videos (short) of Great Places on Earth.
















































....this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek!   See You next time.


image credit:


The Greatest Places 

Seven amazing locations in the world - Amazon, Greenland, Iguazu, Madagascar, Namib, Okavango and Tibet - depicted by the Science Museum of Minnesota.

Director: 

Mal Wolfe

Writer: 

Pamela Stacey



http://www.mos.org/educators/field_trip_resources/field_trip_activities/imax&d=2532&s=full


http://xidong.net/File001/File_45404.html

Of course, one more (or so) great performances:
I found several vids on You Tube under "greatest places on Earth". Maybe there was a competition or something for the 20 greatest places as that is the theme of the vids. They all seem to be beautiful places and they are all different. Enjoy now or come back on a break later and view them then! The door is always open and a light is on! Enjoy!


Just Push Play>
Just Push Play>
Just Push Play>
Just Push Play>


O+O

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Everybody! Please say hello and follow so I know you are here! Due to the inconsideration of people trying to put commercials on my blog comment area, I have restricted use of anonymous posts. Sorry that some hurt all.
My public email is katescabin@gmail.com No spammers or trolls