Hi Everybody!!

Hi Everybody!!
Welcome to my Hometown!!

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

HOTTER THAN A FIRECRACKER AND (A PARADE OF FLOWERS PHOTO BLOG)


Hi Everybody!!
It was hotter than a firecracker on the 4th of July and the heat is still hanging around. I thought it might be nice to sit inside and see a parade of summer flowers that are blooming in my yard in this intense heat! I have more crape myrtle trees planted than any other trees, They are great in Southern Gardens and fave for the birds. I went to the Google Index and got a few links (below) if you wish to look further into these plants. I noticed all these trees are available for sale on Google-so go to the Index if You want some of them. Your photostudy tonight is A Parade of Flowers blooming on the grounds.  Enjoy!


  1. Peppermint Lace Crape Myrtle (Lagerstroemia indica 'Peppermint ...

    www.monrovia.com/plant-catalog/.../peppermint-lace-crape-myrtle.php

    Monrovia's Peppermint Lace Crape Myrtle details and information. Learn more about Monrovia plants and best practices for best possible plant performance.
Peppermint Lace Crape Myrtle












Bashum's Pink Party Crape Myrtle
http://bashamlandscapewoodlands.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7&Itemid=9















Catawba Crape Myrtle
http://www.monrovia.com/plant-catalog/plants/1734/catawba-crape-myrtle.php






Twilight Crape Myrtle
http://www.fast-growing-trees.com/Twilight-Crape-Myrtle.htm






Lagerstroemia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia 

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagerstroemia

Popular varieties used in modern landscaping include the bright red Dynamite Crape Myrtle, the deep pink Pink Velour Crape and the purple Twilight Crape ...

Dynamite Crape Myrtle







  1. Miami Crepe Myrtle Variety < Our Favorite Crepe ... - Southern Living

    www.southernliving.com/home-garden/.../crepe-myrtle.../page5.html

    You'll find lots of crepe myrtles out there. These are some of our favorite varieties
Miami Crape Myrtle












  1. Crape Myrtle Acoma

    baker.ifas.ufl.edu/CrapeMyrtleAcoma.html

    'AcomaCrape Myrtle (Lagerstroemia indica 'Acoma'). The Acoma Crape Myrtle is known to have a long period of striking summer flower color, attractive fall ...
Acoma Crape Myrtle



  1. Desert Willow - Texas Native Plants Database

    aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/ornamentals/natives/chilopsislinearis.htm

    Desert willow is a delicate, small, deciduous tree native to west Texas and the Edwards Plateau. Its long narrow leaves resemble those of willows (Salix spp.) ...
Desert Willow Tree





Dad's Birdbath in Heat Map Picasa Effect




Hi Everybody- says the new baby anole. He is likely the bloodline of the Prince Anole~!
Anyway, the tiniest one I ever saw in the strong hands of the Carpenter.

















Double Pink Althea Tree Bloom and Bumblebee

  1. How to Fertilize Pink Althea Trees | Home Guides | SF Gate

    homeguides.sfgate.com › Insurance & Inspections › Insurance Basics

    Althea (Hibiscus syriacus), also known as rose of Sharon, produces summer flowers -- often in pink -- that attract butterflies to the garden. Hardy in U.S. ...
















  1. Bumblebee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bumblebee

    bumblebee is any member of the bee genus Bombus, in the family Apidae. There are over 250 known species, existing primarily in the Northern Hemisphere ...

























I think this is a sand wasp, or young cicada killer wasp. Not sure.

























  1. Coral Bean - Texas Native Plants Database

    aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/ornamentals/.../erythrinaherbace.htm

    Coral Bean, Eastern Coral Bean, Cardinal Spear, Cherokee Bean, Red ... Coral beanblooms from May to June, before the leaves appear, with glowing dark red ...
Coral Bean Bloom













































Single Pink w/red throat Althea Tree Bloom









Black Ants



Bumblebee













This new baby male cardinal (still spotty) is learning to feed on the feeder the sways in the wind. (The other feeding stations are on the ground or the boardwalk.

Northern Cardinal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Cardinal

The Northern Cardinal (Cardinalis cardinalis) is a North American bird in the genus Cardinalis; it is also known colloquially as the redbird or common cardinal.



















Documenting this Historic Event: It rained.




...this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek.  See You next time. If You live anywhere it is Hot right now, please avoid this heat as much as possible. I am walking and gardening in the early a.m. and at sunset. In fact, I am sleeping in air conditioning during the hottest part of the day and writing at night when the dogs are sleeping! I have arrived at the point in my life where I do whatever I want to do 100% of the time! I answer to no one as the parents are gone, the bosses are gone, the husbands are gone and the kids are gone. I have no commitments to anything. Some people may feel lonely, but I am one Happy Camper! I know some very busy people who would trade places with me for even an hour. I write this blog almost daily because I want to not because I have to. I want to share (and record) my life at the Bird Sanctuary so that my new photofriends around the world can get an idea of what it is like in Texas (in the woods). I want everyone to know that the American People are different than any Government body. I want to be friends with everybody in the whole world. Cheers!




O+O

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Everybody! Please say hello and follow so I know you are here! Due to the inconsideration of people trying to put commercials on my blog comment area, I have restricted use of anonymous posts. Sorry that some hurt all.
My public email is katescabin@gmail.com No spammers or trolls