I went back to the Hardware Store in town to see the baby swallows. The three had left the nest, but were zooming around having a good time. The mom was sitting on another nest. The store door under the nests rings a bell when it opens. Many people go in and out all day. I am just amazed these birds choose to live and nest so close to humans in the city! I asked 5 people who came out of the store, what they thought about the birds nesting so close. All of them said: What birds? What nest? People just do not seem to notice life around them. (Of course I have to chuckle as I am the one designated to have my head in the clouds!) I encourage you all to: Open Your Eyes!!!! These are beautiful birds to observe. Enjoy!
- light comes from above
- objects are normally not viewed from below
- faces are seen (and recognized) upright.
- closer objects can block the view of more distant objects, but not vice versa
- figures (i.e., foreground objects) tend to have convex borders
Analysis of eye movement
Face and object recognition
The cognitive and computational approaches
- The physiological theory of the Gestaltists has fallen by the wayside, leaving us with a set of descriptive principles, but without a model of perceptual processing. Indeed, some of their "laws" of perceptual organisation today sound vague and inadequate. What is meant by a "good" or "simple" shape, for example?
- A 2D or primal sketch of the scene, based on feature extraction of fundamental components of the scene, including edges, regions, etc. Note the similarity in concept to a pencil sketch drawn quickly by an artist as an impression.
- A 2½ D sketch of the scene, where textures are acknowledged, etc. Note the similarity in concept to the stage in drawing where an artist highlights or shades areas of a scene, to provide depth.
- A 3 D model, where the scene is visualized in a continuous, 3-dimensional map.
Artificial visual perception
The following pics are from last week when the three babies were in nest:
See my Blogspot from last week for more info on the swallows:
Now these are the 3 babies:
...this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek. See You next time! Practice looking outside of yourself! It will enrich you~