Hi Everybody!!

Hi Everybody!!
Welcome to my Hometown!!

Thursday, December 22, 2011

December Days and Dragonflies

Hi Everybody!!
Come in out of the cold December day and relax for a moment. I wanted to share with You one thing I have done in December the last several years as You may want to do it also.
If you are a birder or gardener I have found a good way to keep a yearly journal. I use my camera to shoot daily what is happening in the garden. The images are date stamped so you will have a digital record of what is blooming on what day, etc.
I use the blog for posting what is happening around the garden and in the trees at Kates Cabin Bird Sanctuary in Texas. I am located about 50 miles NW of Houston outside of a little town named Hempstead. In reference to tree location, I am in the Post Oak Savannah. I am in Garden zone 9. I live in a cabin in the woods and have another cabin studio, guest quarters, and bird sanctuary. Most of what I post will be from this area.
I believe by sharing what we learn about Nature where we live, gives huge platform for more understanding of all life on Earth living with us.
Keep your eyes open and cameras ready as there is always something to see!!
Today our gift from the garden is mating dragonflies.
To see more information about these little jewels, here is the link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragonfly

These creatures are highly regarded in Japan. In some other places, they are associated with evil. Here on Rainbow Creek they are most Welcome as they eat mosquitoes and flies!!














Hope you found this interesting!  See You next time.


.....this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Everybody! Please say hello and follow so I know you are here! Due to the inconsideration of people trying to put commercials on my blog comment area, I have restricted use of anonymous posts. Sorry that some hurt all.
My public email is katescabin@gmail.com No spammers or trolls