Hi Everybody!!

Hi Everybody!!
Welcome to my Hometown!!

Friday, December 23, 2011

Old Buzzard and Red Oaks

Hi Everybody!!




Welcome, please come in and get comfortable! I have set up this blog for next year 2012 as my official Garden and Birding Diary of the events and living things around Kates Cabin Bird Sanctuary on Rainbow Creek in N. Waller County, Texas, USA, Earth.
If you are following my birds or the Migration birds, you can view a map of the area in Google Maps.
The address to enter is:
24562 Tyrone Street, Hempstead, Texas
This is a depressed rural community for people, but a very rich woods for the birds! The ecosystem I am in is called the Post Oak Savannah. Here is a link:
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/landwater/land/habitats/post_oak/

Many of the trees on the grounds of Kates Cabin are named Texas Red Oaks. They are in our photostudy for today. For more info the link is:http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/ornamentals/natives/quercustexana.htm

The buzzards are staying here in Texas for their winter home. There are 2 kinds that now live together: the turkey buzzard and the black vultures from Mexico. The turkey buzzards have the red heads.  You can see more about these birds here:
http://web4.audubon.org/bird/BoA/F1_G1b.html

Today I wrote the text on the images. Lets test that out!!



















































































.....this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek.












O+O



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Everybody! Please say hello and follow so I know you are here! Due to the inconsideration of people trying to put commercials on my blog comment area, I have restricted use of anonymous posts. Sorry that some hurt all.
My public email is katescabin@gmail.com No spammers or trolls