Hi Everybody!!

Hi Everybody!!
Welcome to my Hometown!!

Monday, April 2, 2012

Down Home with Texas Music and My Boys (A Heavenly Day Photo Blog)


My Moon, taken last night during prime mooning time!


Hi Everybody!! Please come in.
I hope you all have arrived in April. April Fools Day is April 1.
At Astronomy Picture of the Day (http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap120401.html), I found the following Image for Your Enjoyment:

Astronomy Picture of the Day


2012 April 1 
See Explanation.  Clicking on the picture will download 
the highest resolution version available.


Dad Quiets Omicron Ceti 
Image Credit & CopyrightTamas Ladanyi (TWAN)

Explanation: The Omicron Cetians have been silenced. After alien-like monsters were reported to disturb his daughter's sleep for four nights in a row, this father took action. When last questioned, the daughter seemed to indicate that the hullabaloo might have come from a planetary system possibly sounding like "Omicron Ceti". Getting to the root of the problem, the dad then took his daughter outside and used a powerful laser to blast the alien's home world. Humorously, the parent star Omicron Ceti now shows itself to be unstable and is dramatically increasing its brightness. Happy April Fool's Day from the folks at APOD. In actuality, the star being pointed out is Mira, a famous variable star expected to reach its maximum brightness again in late August. The father in question was actually pointing out, to his daughter, the star that shares her name.

Now I want to share with You a short slide show of Texas Images with the Song that was popular when I was Young!!  (Just Push Play)

This next song is The eyes of Texas, a very important song in my family as both my children (and their Dad) went to University of Texas.  All three grandchildren will be headed there one day!


The first weekend in April is when everybody in Houston decides to drive out to the country to see the fields of Bluebonnets! It is also nice to find a little Country Church. My Son took his family out on such an adventure yesterday in search of the Wildflowers.  Surprise, they came to Kates Cabin to see Grandma Poppy and my flowers!!!  What a great Day to see my Boys!!
Country Church
http://www.texasmornings.com/tag/texas-hill-country/
Texas Bluebonnets




Here Are Bluebonnets in my front Yard!

Blast from the Past:









When both the kids were at the University of Texas, I moved to Austin to be close to them! I found a job as a Chef and stayed there 5 years. I fell in love with the 'music scene' happening at Austin City Limits. I met Patty Griffin back in those days and just fell in love with her music. Tonight, You get a mini-concert featuring 4 of her songs, so you can feel the music!
This is Patty Griffin:



Just Push Play:



Your photostudy tonight is my Child with His Child-
My Grandchild, exploring Grandma Poppy's Place!  When my Son was one year old, he sat on my Daddy's tractor. Now look at this:





































































































How did he get so big?

Austin City Limits-Texas Jam
Just Push Play:


Just Push Play


Just Push Play

I hope you have enjoyed the little mini concert by my favorite
Patty Griffin.  Thanks Patty!! see links for more info on Patty and Austin Music Scene

http://www.52shows.com/2007/10/30/live-tracks-patty-griffin-live-from-the-artists-den/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patty_Griffin
http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/North_America/United_States_of_America/Texas/Austin-875823/Nightlife-Austin-6th_Street-BR-1.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixth_Street_(Austin,_Texas)

A Rose from my Butterfly Garden for YOU

We are going to take a quick trip to France to see Paris at Night and say Hello to one of my friends over there: Gurbet Kusu.
All aboard, just push play when you are ready for take off. (Fast)



Here we are in Paris!!!!!  Have a look around.
2012 March 31 
See Explanation.  Clicking on the picture will download
 the highest resolution version available.


Paris by Night 
Image Credit & CopyrightSerge Brunier (TWAN)

Explanation: Do you recognize the city lights of Paris in this picture? Taken on March 25 from the top of the 210 meter tall Montparnasse skyscraper, many will spot the looming Eiffel Tower, or the large domed structure of Les Invalides (right), or the colorfully lit elevated Metro train line gently curving toward picture center. You can even pick out the Arc de Triomphe close to the horizon on the right. But regardless of your location, the celestial lights near the western horizon should look very familiar. The lovely triple conjuntion of brilliant Venus (top), Jupiter, and a young crescent Moon was visible in evening skies around planet Earth.

We have stopped by Paris to say Hello to a friend of mine: Gurbet Kusu.  Below, His beautiful work is focused on World Peace. 
I have included his Blog address below, check it out!
Bonjour (Hello) Gurbet:  Greetings from Texas!

by: Gurbet Kusu
      Gurbet Kusu  
Hello
May your life be a source of happiness ...
I wish you a very good Good evening my friend (s).
La vie est une rĂªve
Merci Beaucoup Gurbet!


Goodnight Everybody!!  Just Push Play!! Au Revoir!!




....this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek!


O+O



1 comment:

Hi Everybody! Please say hello and follow so I know you are here! Due to the inconsideration of people trying to put commercials on my blog comment area, I have restricted use of anonymous posts. Sorry that some hurt all.
My public email is katescabin@gmail.com No spammers or trolls