In view of last week's Historic Events in Space, we are going to celebrate tonight by going to the SpaceX Headquarters to meet the people and tour the facility where dreams turn into rockets and dragons! Most of all, I want to introduce you to Elon Musk, the Man with the Plan! He is our Space Age Hero who makes it all happen! I am so very proud of him and his efforts to help Humanity.
So, Come On, Let's Go!! A good trip tonight to Headquarters. The complete Dragon trip of last week. Space Dragon Photostudy by NASA from spacex.com website. Sneak peak to the Mars Mission. And, of course, public information for anyone interested.
(Thank You Wikipedia and You Tube!)
Disclaimer: Contrary to popular belief, I did not fly around in space and take any of the photos in this post. I leave that to the experts, NASA is Top Shot!
Also, I do not work for anyone in Space Exploration and they do not work for me at the bird sanctuary. (My birds are still top design in flight with no harmful exhaust!) The Birds here keep the flying fuel costs down by running on berries and seed.
I am, however, among the best of cheerleaders for the Space Explorers and the Heroes!! Well Wishes for All and Enjoy the Blog! (open 24/7).
|Headquarters||Hawthorne, California, USA|
|Key people||Tom Mueller Co-Founder and VP of Propulsion|
|Products||Orbital rocket launch|
Commercial Orbital Transportation Services
|Employees||> 1,800 (2012)|
Musk in 2008.
|Born||June 28, 1971 |
Pretoria, South Africa
|Residence||Bel Air, Los Angeles, California|
|Education||B.S. in Physics and B.A. Economics from University of Pennsylvania|
|Occupation||Engineer, inventor, entrepreneur|
|Known for||Co-founder of Zip2, PayPal,SpaceX, Tesla Motors|
|Net worth||$2 billion (2012)|
|Title||CEO and CTO of SpaceX,|
Chairman of SolarCity,
CEO of Tesla Motors
|Spouse||Justine Musk 2000–2008|
Talulah Riley 2010–2012
Awards and recognition
This is his Website! A must see!
Dragon Spacecraft with Solar Panels deployed
Fully autonomous rendezvous and docking with manual override capability in crewed configuration
- 6,000 kg (13,228 lbs) payload up-mass to LEO; 3,000 kg (6,614 lbs) payload down-mass
- Payload Volume: 10 m3 (350 ft3) pressurized, 14 m3 (490 ft3) unpressurized
- Supports up to 7 passengers in Crew configuration
- Two-fault tolerant avionics system with extensive heritage
- Reaction control system with 18 MMH/NTO thrusters designed and built in-house; these thrusters are used for both attitude control and orbital maneuvering
- 1290 kg of propellant supports a safe mission profile from sub-orbital insertion to ISS rendezvous to reentry
- Integral common berthing mechanism, with LIDS or APAS support if required
- Designed for water landing under parachute for ocean recovery
- Lifting re-entry for landing precision & low-g’s
- Ablative, high-performance heat shield and sidewall thermal protection
"Red Dragon" Mars mission concept
Space Photography by NASA
....this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek. See You next time. Goodnight!