Hi Everybody!!

Hi Everybody!!
Welcome to my Hometown!!

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

AND I BUILT HER A STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN! (KAY LONNIE CURTAIN CALL PHOTO BLOG)


Hi Everybody!!
Welcome to Rainbow Creek Sunset Performance by Kay Lonnie Wray aka: Miss America with Led Zeppelin Music,
Stairway To Heaven. This Celebration is to Kick Off our Spring Break Bloom at Kates Cabin Bird Sanctuary in Texas.
All you have to do is Push Play to start her music and then slowly scroll down the slideshow of her Rooftop Performance!  This will be her last Spring Break Show, so please give her great applause. 
(She Loves Her Fans Sooo Much!!!!)

(The regular, serious Nature Class Blog will return next post, so delight in the Spring Break tonight!!)

For those of your who do not know Kay, let me give you a quick bio: Kay Lonnie Wray was my Mom's last dog. She arrived at the farm an 8 week old red bone hound with a broken shoulder from being thrown off a truck. Anyway, she crawled out of the draw through thick undergrowth woods, to get to the farmhouse. Mom went out in the yard as she thought she heard something. When the pup saw Mom, it began screaming. It was at that point I got the phone call: new hurt dog, come now. It took me 3 minutes to get there and time to digest that Mom who has a weakness for dogs, was holding a hurt pup in her lap. As I got out of the truck, I could see a big red pup with long ears and an obvious broken right shoulder.I said: Mom, you can't have another dog (as she already had 4). Mom started crying a few little tears and said I had to fix the pup. I asked her if she already named it. She just shook her head yes like a guilty little kid. I knew then, we had a new dog. So, of course, I asked what her name was, and she said: Miss America. I said: Mom, you can't name a dog Miss America!!! So she said, okay then her name is Kay Lonnie Wray. I think it was at that point that I said: Who the hell is Kay Lonnie Wray???
She was my favorite Miss America, she stated clearly. So that is how Kay Lonnie came to us, a gift from God is what Mom said. I drove to the next town to find a vet that was open on a Sunday morning to fix a broken shoulder and leg of a thrown away pup.
She came to live with me 7 years ago when Mom left the planet. She nearly grieved to death over Mom. So I built her a stairway to Heaven and her own stage for singing. 
(Yes, Mom taught her to sing!)
Anyway, now she is an old crippled girl. She had been on her death bed for 2 days hardly able to breathe. But yesterday afternoon she got up and seemed to feel a little better. She wanted to do our thing: go to the rooftop for Sunset. She gave one more performance, so I photographed it to share with you guys!! She is still with us, just sleeping most of the time like old dogs do.
You will notice how she looks out over her fans and sings her heart out!! 
(You may not be able to see the fans, as I can't).
 But to her, they are there! She has a lighthouse lookout tower w/roof she calls her dressing room.
 The "stage" top is actually my office, but don't tell her!    Enjoy my woods!   Enjoy the Show!!!!!!!!!!!

Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven Live (HD)


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q7Vr3yQYWQ
Uploaded on Aug 7, 2009
The footage is from the concert film "The Song Remains the Same".
The concert took place in Madison Square Garden, New York City.
© Warner Brothers
  • Category

  • License

    Standard YouTube License

To Begin: Just push play on the above vid to start the music (x off the ad I did not put there). 
When the music begins,  scroll down the photostudy slowly to see the performance!!!
(I know this is new and nuts!!!What's your point?)































































































































































































































































































Good night from the Old Dogs over here!
O+O

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Everybody! Please say hello and follow so I know you are here! Due to the inconsideration of people trying to put commercials on my blog comment area, I have restricted use of anonymous posts. Sorry that some hurt all.
My public email is katescabin@gmail.com No spammers or trolls