Hi Everybody!!

Hi Everybody!!
Welcome to my Hometown!!

Monday, December 2, 2013

A GREAT WAY TO START THE DAY: (WITH BUZZARDS WAVING AT YOU PHOTO BLOG)



Hi Everybody!!
I stepped out on the front deck this morning and into the spotlight of a bright Texas Sun. I glanced up at the blue sky and noticed a few buzzes were in the buzzard tree. I waved hello and got a shot of  the morning visitors. Then one by one, they began to wave back at me! My images are time stamped so you can note this was a short encounter and then they took off. On cold days they will "hang out the wings" to the sun in mornings and again in afternoons of sunny days. I have never seen them hang out the wings in rainy weather, but I am not always around to see what they do. The fact they return to the buzzard tree year after year to visit is still unusual behavior to choose to be so close to humans. There are many dead trees around where no humans are. This old tree has lost almost all the limbs, yet here the birds are this morning, looking at me, doing the wave thing, then taking off. I feel they know me, I feel they like me, but who really knows? Likely most humans (on the world) would think I am a crazy buzzard lady to say they are my friends. I agree! However, I am crazy but with photos of what I see. I did not go buy these birds at a pet shop. They come here to my place! I have photo-documented these migrating Turkey Buzzards for 5 years in my photo album gallery at G+. I hope Google will invent some bird recognition software that can identify each bird. It would be easier to track migrating birds by photos rather than catch and tag them! Anyway, enjoy getting to know these buzzards in the photostudies linked below!





























































Link to photostudy in G+Album:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/117645114459863049265/albums/5952854864460310193


Photo
Quick Clips created by G+ Awesome Auto Back up. (Thanks for the fun)

Photo



Photo







Bonus photostudy: Dec 1 2013
Link to woodpecker photostudy in G+ Albums:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/117645114459863049265/albums/5952598951478273265






For more info about Woodland Birds, check out Google Search

From Google Search (a few of the many):
  1. Woodland birds - National Audubon Society

    web4.audubon.org/bird/stateofthebirds/woodlands.html


    State of the Birds >. Woodlands . Woodland habitats include closed-canopy forests (deciduous, coniferous, and mixed) and more open habitats with trees (pine ...

  2. List of birds of Great Britain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_birds_of_Great_Britain


    The list of British birds comprises all those bird species which have occurred in a wild...... Tits are mainly small, stocky, woodland species with short stout bills.

  3. Woodland Birds | Wild England - an A-Z compendium of England's ...

    www.wildengland.com › Wild Animals › Resident Birds


    Woodland birds are often heard long before they are seen. How often have you heard a woodpecker hacking at a tree trunk and when you try to find where it is, ...

  4. 10,000 Birds | Review: “Woodland Birds of North America”

    10000birds.com/review-woodland-birds-of-north-america.htm


    Jun 18, 2008 - I don't think of Canyon Wrens as woodland birds but I certainly think of... 2005 but has garnered a respectable life list by birding whenever he ...













...this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek.  See You next time! Time to Fly-------

O+O

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Everybody! Please say hello and follow so I know you are here! Due to the inconsideration of people trying to put commercials on my blog comment area, I have restricted use of anonymous posts. Sorry that some hurt all.
My public email is katescabin@gmail.com No spammers or trolls