Yes, Google did know about Geoengineering. So did Wikipedia! As usual, I am the last to find out about anything!! (except once in life last week). Below is an excerpt of definition for Geoengineering.(see link for complete Article).
Your Video Lineup tonight features Your Skies and Ideas! What is in Your Sky? Where is Your Vid? (connect w/me on the Tube!) DO YOU HAVE ANY CREATED CLOUDS?
- The science of measuring and modelling the earth for applications within civil engineering,
- climate engineering, climate remediation, and climate intervention
Solar radiation management
- Surface-based (land or ocean albedo modification); e.g. Cool roof—using pale-coloured roofing and paving materials.
- Troposphere-based, for example cloud whitening – using fine sea water spray to whiten clouds and thus increase cloud reflectivity.
- Upper atmosphere-based (e.g. stratospheric aerosols). Creating reflective aerosols, such as stratospheric sulfur aerosols, aluminum oxideparticles, even specifically designed self-levitating aerosols.
- Space-based: E.g. Space sunshade—obstructing solar radiation with space-based mirrors, asteroid dust, etc.
Tipping points and positive feedback
Ethics and responsibility
Control and predictability problemsThe full effects of various geoengineering schemes are not well understood. Matthews et al. compared geoengineering to a number of previous environmental interventions and concluded that "Given our current level of understanding of the climate system, it is likely that the result of at least some geoengineering efforts would follow previous ecological examples where increased human intervention has led to an overall increase in negative environmental consequences."
Effect on sunlight, sky and clouds
Evaluation of geoengineering
Video Lineup of Your Sky!! (Thanks Everybody)
...this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek.
Of Course, one more great from Dahboo7: