Hi Everybody!!

Hi Everybody!!
Welcome to my Hometown!!

Saturday, June 8, 2013

HOLY MOLY-POOR PRINCE ANOLE~ HAS A HEAD HOLEY (AND A CARDINAL LOOSES THE TOP OF HIS HEAD PHOTO BLOG)




Hi Everybody!!
Right up front I am going to tell You this could be considered a shocking post due to the violent photos I am displaying. (I have 400 or so other posts if You are a very sensitive to injury person).
Anyway, Prince Anole~ (my backyard garden lizard) was just having a great, royal life until 2 days ago. I saw him on his usual runway with a dazed look about him. I zoomed the camera in which showed a deep puncture wound in the top of his head in the shape of a cat tooth. Now, his rival does live back there in my garden shower. Yes, the 2 do fight over fence posts, which could be what happened to the Prince. I have seen many anole battles and do not recall a puncture wound injury from another anole. Anyway, I wondered if he could recover from this injury. I was surprised to see him yesterday still alive. His swollen eye was worse, but the head injury looked better, but what do I know? Nothing. So I brought the photos to our Nature Class for review by You. Maybe somebody knows more about head injuries to reptiles and birds and can share with us what to do.




On this Day, the Prince was fine

























The next day, June 6, he looked like this:


































































On June 7, he looked like this:







































The tail end of the Princes' Tale:


The beautiful baby cardinal who just got all his red feathers, showed up at the feeding station with a slight problem:  He was missing the top of his head. He did not seem to be aware that his head was not there as he just kept eating seed for awhile before he flew off. I did not think he would survive the scalping job from the cat. He has not returned to the feeding station. I put the photos in a small slideshow so You can have the option of not viewing them.
Today, I am failing at protecting the creatures of the (safe) sanctuary. It makes me cry to see them hurt and die. Calls to the County Animal Control are not returned for 5 years. If you think he is going to come out here and trap the cats: Wrong. If you think he is going to come out here and shoot the cats: Wrong. If you think he told me I had a right to protect my property from the wild cats: You would be right! I am not going to kill them, I can't kill anything. However, I was thinking about trapping them if I could use the animal control guy tied up as bait!!!!!!!! Why take a job of controlling animals in the county if you are not going to control them? 
FERAL CATS ARE OUT OF CONTROL IN WALLER COUNTY, TEXAS





Warning: photos of baby bird who lost the top of his head.


...this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek. See You next time! Just to be on the safe side: Guard Your Head.

THE BOTTOM LINE:
Birdwatching in North America is Big Business and brings Tourists from all over the World, who buy Big Cameras and travel on Big Jets and stay in Big Hotels. Consider if ALL THE BIRDS are killed by Feral Cats, How Many Tourists would travel to see the Big Fat Wild Cats?   (Nobody)

O+O

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Everybody! Please say hello and follow so I know you are here! Due to the inconsideration of people trying to put commercials on my blog comment area, I have restricted use of anonymous posts. Sorry that some hurt all.
My public email is katescabin@gmail.com No spammers or trolls