Welcome to the New Year.
And *Big Texas Howdy* to all new friends coming by. A brief review of the Nature of My Blog:
Informal mini-nature class to unite Nature Lovers around the World in the Joy of Living Things, Beauty of Mother Earth and the Risks of Extreme Current Events in Nature. No teachers, no rules, no tests, no requirements. Click in or Click off-your choice to do whatever you want to do! I present many points of view because the mainstream News is out to lunch at this time in History. I only know because a crow told me so. (above)
For the purpose of building our thinking skills and personal knowledge, I Feature Google Index Information and Google You Tube videos to present and share current information relating to: The Nature of Earth, The Exploration of Space Nature, and our Human Nature-the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
It is not my intent to Harm You or Alarm You---
only to Inform You. You must make your own responsible decisions about the direction of Your Life. No one will do that for You. Time to sell the couch and TV..............
I am just brendasue (aka Grandma Poppy and Buzzard Lady)- a naturalist, living in the woods in Northern Waller County, Texas. I happen to love birds and want to share this with all of You who do not have birds or trees. I am fortunate to have discovered who knows everything: Google. I try to show by example, how to look things up. (I do not work for Anybody, nor do I answer to anybody. Yes, my Dad is dead or that would not be a true statement!)
The Following People on Google You Tube Channels are my favorite sources for News. They have demonstrated over time a straightforward approach to reporting events as they occur, with past history videos on their channels. I like hearing things read outloud and explained rather than reading.
These 3 do an excellent job:
1. Suspicious Observers.
2. Pink Sapphiret
3. Mary Greeley
If you viewed the above vids, I believe You saw a trend that things are not so good in the Canary Islands. WHY have we not heard about this situation? WHY is it not being reported? And WHY do I even care about earthquakes and volcanoes half way around the world?
You will see next the correct current activity in the graphs below. The next video will explain the High Danger of a Mega-tsunami hitting the United States and other places in the event of an eruption and landslide of the volcano in the Canary Islands.
I encourage you to inform yourself about what is going on so You will know. I have included history of a year for this location.
List of megatsunami
- The asteroid which created the Chicxulub crater in Yucatán approximately 65 million years ago would have generated megatsunamis as high as 3 kilometres (1.9 mi); enough to completely inundate even large islands such as Madagascar.
- A series of megatsunami were generated by the bolide impact that created the Chesapeake Bay impact crater, about 35.5 million years ago.
- A massive collapse of the western edge of the Lake Tahoe basin, which formed McKinney Bay, around 50,000 years ago is thought to have generated a tsunami/seiche wave with a height approaching 330 ft (100 m).
- At Seton Portage, British Columbia, Canada, a freshwater megatsunami may have occurred approximately 10,000 years ago. A huge block of the Cayoosh Range suddenly slid northwards into what had been a large lake spanning the area from Lillooet, British Columbia to near Birken, in the Gates Valley or Pemberton Pass to the southwest. The event has not been studied in detail, but the proto-lake (freshwater fjord) may have been at least as deep as the two present-day halves, Seton and Anderson Lakes, on either side of the Portage, suggesting that the surge generated by the giant landslide in the narrow mountain confines of the fjord valley may have been comparable in scale to Lituya Bay. Another more recent landslide on the south shore of Anderson Lake dropped a large portion of high mountainside down a debris chute, creating a rockwall "fan" which may have made a megatsunami-type wave, though not as large as the main one at the Portage.
- Approximately 8,000 years ago, a massive volcanic landslide off of Mt. Etna, Sicily caused a megatsunami which devastated the eastern Mediterranean coastline on three continents.
- In the Norwegian Sea, the Storegga Slide caused a megatsunami approximately 8,000 years ago.
- Approximately 6,000 years ago, a landslide on Réunion island, to the east of Madagascar, may have caused a megatsunami.
- Evidence for large landslides has been found in the form of extensive underwater debris aprons around many volcanic ocean islands which are composed of the material which has slid into the ocean. The island of Molokai had a catastrophic collapse over a million years ago; this underwater landslide likely caused large tsunamis. In recent years, five such debris aprons have been found around the Hawaiian Islands. The Canary Islands have at least 14 such debris aprons associated with the archipelago.
Potential future megatsunami
one year ago 2011
VERY STRANGE GRID PATTERN FOR EARTHQUAKES????????
...this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek. See You Next Time!
Of Course, One more great performance