Hi Everybody!!

Hi Everybody!!
Welcome to my Hometown!!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Motorcycle Nature Trip Tonight to a Canyon (A Little River Canyon Photo Blog)



Hi Everybody:

I want to share the following news with You:

Ms. Watson,

I just wanted to write to tell you that my Dad, Lee Battles passed
away on November 12th.  He always spoke highly of you, and with all my
travels told me I should stop by and see you in Texas if I ever had
the opportunity.  He will be dearly missed, just figured you would
want to know.  I regret to have to tell you this over email, wish
there was a better way.

Respectfully,

B. Battles




Below is a post I dedicated to my friend, Lee Battles. Many of You on G+ knew and loved Lee and his great contribution to humanity. I never knew him in person, but I knew him in my heart. We were great internet friends. He lives on through his works and art, a gift he shared with All Of Us! He really loved people and wanted happiness for All. Please celebrate his life with me and enjoy his little river canyon that he loved so much.
Thanks Lee!

Picture



poems by lee battles - home

poemsbyleebattles.weebly.com/Share
some of the following are found in my books, 'capsules in time' 'capsules in time ii' 'a book of poems by lee battles illustrated by l l teng' some are mini videos i ...


http://poemsbyleebattles.weebly.com/







Hi Everybody!!  Are You Ready to Ride?
WOW-What a treat I have for You tonight-A motorcycle ride up a Mountain in Alabama to find our friend:  Lee Battles.  Hi Lee, Surprise, the nature class is coming up to your Little River Canyon to see where You Are!!!
I traded my horse in for a shiny red motorcycle, so here we come up your mountain!   Okay everybody, Alabama, here we Come!
Destination:   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_River_Canyon_National_Preserve
LocationCherokee County & DeKalb CountyAlabamaUSA
Nearest cityFort Payne, Alabama
Coordinates34°26′26″N 85°35′44″W
Area13,633 acres (55.17 km2)
EstablishedOctober 24, 1992
Visitors201,442 (in 2005)
Governing bodyNational Park Service

Just Push Play and We Are On Our Way!!





PUSH PLAY:



WOW, Lee, this is really great at the Top. You have a wonderful place here in Alabama!  For those of You who do not know Lee, let me introduce my friend. Lee Battles is just a great person. He is an active Author, with several books published. Like most of us, we met on Google+ where Lee is very active in community promoting Good Will among all people and teaching love of Nature. He touches all of us with his wonderful poetry. A very wise man and very kind. I dedicate this page to Lee Battles. Below are 2 of his videos of poems. This page will always be open if you ever want to come back to his poems again to read over and over! Also, I have provided the link to his Google+ Profile where you can view all of his posts.  Okay, Lee-take it away:  The Stage is Yours!
https://plus.google.com/101324614119590756927/posts



PUSH PLAY:


Lee with his Son (A Proud Dad and Grandad!)
PUSH PLAY:
Thanks Lee, for giving me permission to share your story here on the Blog. I treasure our friendship and happy to be riding with a friend on the superhighway internet!
One more look at the Canyon:  (Push Play)


Lee sent me this footbridge photo for a foot note!

Well Everybody, hope you enjoyed our trip to Little River Canyon in Alabama to visit Lee Battles. On your way out, please stop by the southern rock concert I have going on for you:  Sweet Home Alabama by:  Lynyrd Skynyrd  (Just Push Play):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynyrd_Skynyrd


Thanks for stopping in Everybody!! Please exit through Lee's Poem below:

Goodnight, Sleep Tight.


.....this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek

O+O

3 comments:

  1. Very nice blog didn't have time to watch the whole thing but from what i saw i'll be returning soon & yeah Lee is in my circles been there for awhile wonder how i missed him...*looking Closer Now*
    Thanks Lee and brendasue *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you my friend for your kindness and totally undeserved and surprising tribute. i love to write and to share what i write, but i could never do so as well as you have done for me tonight. i am at once flattered, honored, and humbled by your presentation. very well done by all, my compliments to you my good friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Guys! I just now saw your comments! Thank You.

    The trip to see Lee and the one to St. Louis to see John started the Blog on the road (and air) taking trips!!! This seems like long ago now, but they were F U N

    ReplyDelete

Hi Everybody! Please say hello and follow so I know you are here! Due to the inconsideration of people trying to put commercials on my blog comment area, I have restricted use of anonymous posts. Sorry that some hurt all.
My public email is katescabin@gmail.com No spammers or trolls