Hi Everybody!!

Hi Everybody!!
Welcome to my Hometown!!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!!!!! (GREAT NEWS PHOTO BLOG)


Hi Everybody!! Some very Good News Today-YEA

My summer hummers are arriving! It is so great to see the tiny birds coming in from such a long and hot flight. Since their visit last Year, I have added a new hummingbird habitat in the courtyard of the new cabin. They love it  and are squealing with delight. The new arrivals hit the feeders and drink for a long time. The ones that have been here a couple of days are more leisurely about drinking and more into chasing and fighting over who owns which feeder. I do not interact with them too much at first until they are settled. I have already spotted Elvis as he made his Grand Entrance to the courtyard. I have another station at Kates Cabin (you will see in video). And, the original hummer station at my cabin with a new feeder added this year to the rooftop! I have about 30 feeders out so far. In addition, the crape myrtles are everywhere and in all colors (the hummingbirds favorite trees here). Hundreds of other flowers await them. The birds love the flowers and the feeders equally for nectar. They only "guard" the feeders. I have never seen them guard over a flower.  As in the past few years, they keep coming in daily for the next three weeks. They stay here day and night and seem to catch up with each other on the gossip! 
Your photostudy tonight is from last year.  Your video lineup is also my hummers! 

For those of You who do not know:  My Mom is the one who loved these little birds so much with her big heart. Back in the day, I was working as a Chef and too busy to spend much time sitting in a chair watching birds. How Stupid I was back then to be so Important and miss out on all the moments I just could have sat and watched Mom watching her birds. Anyway, because she made me promise to take care of her birds when she left the planet, I turned my one acre into a wildlife habitat and sanctuary for her birds. My location here is 2 miles from the old ranch. All the birds found me and have been returning for 6 years now. (I am pretty sure Mom brings them here and that she is flying around with them!!!) I named one Elisabeth after Mom, but she has not showed up yet.

What I want You to Hear Tonight:
Do not be "Stupid" like I was. You are not Important and neither am I. What is Important is the love of Your Family. The ONLY thing You have that You can give to anyone is your time. Even that is limited. I have now grown up to be the Old Lady sitting here watching the tiny birds and wishing my Important Daughter could just come sit with me for awhile and delight in the Joy of the moment.
Take time for YOU to enjoy the gifts before You!

Elvis!

















Elvis (red throat)




















Elvis, the scene stealer!!








































Now You know the truth about the birds and bees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!












Elisabeth



Elvis!


Snowball (He has on winter boots!!)

I hope You felt like You were sitting on my front porch! Love To All



+++++++++++++++++++++++++
FEATURE PRESENTATION!!!!!!!!!!
Summer Hummers,  Just Push Play



Just Push Play
.....this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek!  See You next time!

O+O

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Everybody! Please say hello and follow so I know you are here! Due to the inconsideration of people trying to put commercials on my blog comment area, I have restricted use of anonymous posts. Sorry that some hurt all.
My public email is katescabin@gmail.com No spammers or trolls