Hi Everybody!!

Hi Everybody!!
Welcome to my Hometown!!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Big Chill and Then The Big Thrill (A Winter and Spring Photo Blog)




Hi  Everybody!   Let's Talk Chill Factor, come on in!!


Are You Chilling?  Have You had enough Winter yet? Then I bring good news.  Spring has arrived in South Texas. It is heading your way soon! 


I have spent sixty years experiencing Winter in (or around) Houston, Texas.  I have seen a dusting of snow maybe 10 times. I have seen about 5 ice storms (short time). I drove on ice a few times. I have never seen a snow shovel, snow mobile, skiing, sledding, snow shoes, or a blizzard here in Texas. I hope for at least a few hours of freezing temperatures so I can make a little Ice Garden to have my own Ice like my Northern Friends! I have been jealous of the words White Christmas and can say I have never had one!


For the first time in life, this winter I felt like I had a real winter with snow and ice. I spent the winter with my photofriends on Picasa Web and G+.  I saw Jerry Robin's glacier graffiti and his snow photos in Canada. He even made me a snowman. It did have a rope noose around its neck, but it was my first snowman. Stephen in England shared his snow and frozen creeks, canals and lakes. I saw news videos from France of the blizzard there. Gisela of Germany shared snow and ice, even with her cats walking on snow.
Pamela, here in states told of putting another log on the fire. She even asked me if I had snow on the day she got it. I did not, but giggled all afternoon that no one has ever asked me if I had snow. And poor Rumi in Bulgaria seems to be in a winter frozen in time.
Thank You all for sharing your wonderful winter photos and stories. I drank more hot chocolate, hot coffee and hot tea than all my winters combined!


I urge you to think about what an opportunity we have here with the social media to form our little communities and  share our Human Experiences for the benefit of mankind. I love all my new friends! You chilled me to the bone with your winters!!!  I hope to warm you to the heart with a kiss of Spring!


Your photostudy tonight is my own snow portfolio (2 images!); a few ice images from my "created" ice gardens and then your kisses of Spring. Your question to ponder while viewing the photostudy:
What happens in the human heart to cause such Joy when Spring breaks Winter's Icy Grip? Comments always welcome anywhere I am: here on Blogger, Google Profile or G+.




My Snow Portfolio (2 images) taken at Kates Cabin Bird Sanctuary in Texas!!  (Try not to laugh-haha!)












Seeds in Ice:













































































































Peach Tree Blossoms


































































































































































Bonus Spring Video I made for a very dear friend, Pastor Forde. This shows Spring  at a Texas  Ranch (not mine, but I did do the  flo4ers!!  Enjoy











.......this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek!


See You next time!






O+O

2 comments:

  1. Die Fotos sind wunderschön . Das Video schau mich mir später an !
    Alles Gute für Dich von Gisela aus Hamburg !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really liked pictures with framing!!! Enjoying videos. Today is suppose to be 53 degrees. Yeah. Am planting flower seeds today to set out later. Getting longing looks from Dolly and Chloe, so will have to plan long walk down at creek today. have a wonderful day, brendasue, so glad e are friends.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Everybody! Please say hello and follow so I know you are here! Due to the inconsideration of people trying to put commercials on my blog comment area, I have restricted use of anonymous posts. Sorry that some hurt all.
My public email is katescabin@gmail.com No spammers or trolls