Hi Everybody!!

Hi Everybody!!
Welcome to my Hometown!!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A STAR IS HATCHED!! HERE IS "RAMBO OF RAINBOW CREEK" (A HAWK PHOTOBLOG)




Hi Everybody! Please come in out of the cold and warm your hearts meeting "Rambo of Rainbow Creek".  


Welcome Photofriends and All that are joining this mini-nature class!  I am hosting this Class from the rooftop deck of my cabin down here in Texas. No Teachers, no tests, no homework, no grades.  Come as you are (I prefer my PJ's).


My amateur photos are taken outside my door on the grounds of Kates Cabin Bird Sanctuary, which I created in memory of my Mom and Dad. Their love of all Nature and especially birds is the gift they gave to me. It is that gift I bring you now (or whenever you get here). I do not go "out" on a safari and take photos of birds  like professional photographers get to do. My birds are friends that live here on the creek with me. I do not go buy them and bring them here. They come and go as they please. I do not know why they picked me to be friends with, I just know that they have.


The red-shouldered Hawks that stay on the creek were the first to make contact. Two of them  came to a big oak tree in my yard and built a nest in the top of it.  At the time, I was a new Grandma with a new digital camera and a laptop computer I knew nothing about. I decided then to document this nest building and baby hawks for my Granddaughter.


The only thing different now 4 years later is I have decided to do it for all grandchildren of the World. To Share Love of All Life and Love of our Earth with my friends is a good thing. So, please feel comfortable and enjoy your photostudy of these Hawks!!! Thank You all for the great comments, 1++++ss, and shares. We are building an online social community on a social media platform-How cool is this??? For Nature Lovers Worldwide, this is a Great Event in History.








This is Tomahawk. He is Rambo's Dad. He built the nest in my tree and when the eggs hatched, he told everybody!!






The next shot Tomahawk is looking in the nest at the little chicks moving inside! (I could only hear them at this point)







A Star is Hatched.  Presenting the first glimpse of little Rambo 6 days after she hatched out of her egg.












This Is Rambo's Mom (mamahawk). The tiny marshmallow puff is baby Rambo!









Possum Guts---It is what is for dinner for baby Rambo.








We learn here that they do not eat possum tails, it is flown away from the nest!








Baby Rambo's fist Wing Wave to his fans!









Another wing wave reveals his feathers still growing in. (He still cannot fly in this pic)








Here Rambo has learned how to climb up the branch away from the nest.









Here is Rambo 50 days old and has learned how to fly to this Pine Tree-she still returns to the nest for dinner.







Sometimes she would put her foot up to wave!








Lookout Point-the top of the tall pine tree.























Rambo takes air baths and fluffs out her feathers!









The following shots  are  from not last spring, but the spring before that.  This spring is her 4th year on Earth.













































































































A surprise bonus for You!!  A video I made of Rambo hanging out with me on the rooftop. (She came to the tree every morning).











.....this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek! Peace be with You.






O+O









1 comment:

  1. This is very learnful for us. I always look at your site and I am happy to see this.With best wishes to Rainbowcreek Christel Bartholme

    ReplyDelete

Hi Everybody! Please say hello and follow so I know you are here! Due to the inconsideration of people trying to put commercials on my blog comment area, I have restricted use of anonymous posts. Sorry that some hurt all.
My public email is katescabin@gmail.com No spammers or trolls