Hi Everybody!!

Hi Everybody!!
Welcome to my Hometown!!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012



HI Everybody!  Please come in for a Nature Break!







February arrived today at Kates Cabin Bird Sanctuary in Texas!  The chance of showers missed me and the clouds rolled away to blue skies and unseasonably warm weather for this time of year. Another full work day in the yard on the winter chore 'to do' list. I finished trimming the crape myrtles and will cut the roses back next week. Weedeating the back beds and ready for fresh mulch. Target finish date is March 1, when we open up for the season. Everybody thinks I am on Vacation!!!! Ha-not yet!

I am finding spring surprises everywhere in the yard. Today I noticed the apple tree had blooms.  One of the peach trees has buds opening to pink color. Azaleas are budding. Amazing how life creeps back into the garden each spring.  The bush that always starts blooming in January is named the Red Flowering Quince.  This will be your photostudy today.  I took the photos from different sides so that those studying light movement  can see how changing positions changes the images. To the garden photographers out there, I would like to encourage you to do several shots from different angles and review them on computer screen. You will see how different they can be and which one looks best to you. I use a canon powershot SX10IS point and shoot camera. I do not hold the camera up to my face, rather shoot from the hip. The view screen on the swivel door allows me to look down to see up. Yes, there are many better cameras out there as well as many worse. Most of us (99%), will never make the Great Shots of the Masters. It is important to allow yourself to start where you are.  You can make very nice images with your point and shoot cameras-just practice and repetition.  So, start your garden, start photographing what shows up!  I would like to see your World, too!   Enjoy your photostudy of the Red Flowering Quince from my spring yard here in Texas.




























































The link below will give you more information on this flowering bush:



Goodnight Everybody! Happy February!





...this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek-






O+O

2 comments:

Hi Everybody! Please say hello and follow so I know you are here! Due to the inconsideration of people trying to put commercials on my blog comment area, I have restricted use of anonymous posts. Sorry that some hurt all.
My public email is katescabin@gmail.com No spammers or trolls