Hi Everybody!!

Hi Everybody!!
Welcome to my Hometown!!

Monday, February 6, 2012

Hawks, Peach Buds and Sunset Magic! (A Nature Photo Blog)



Hi Everybody!  Please Come In for Nature Break!


Photostudy: Red Shouldered Hawks, Peach Tree Buds and Sunset Clouds


It rained all night and morning broke to gray clouds and cold in the air!  Most of January in this corner of Texas, was mild with lots of sunshine. Rambo, my red-shouldered Hawk has returned to Rainbow Creek to mate and build her nest. She starts early in the morning calling everybody to come see her! One of my dogs, Rascal knows this particular hawks voice. So when she starts crying out in the backyard, the dog begins howling.  So I crab the coffee and camera and head out the back door to see what all the squawking is about. Good Morning Rambo, what's happening?






Here is Rambo up in the tree waiting for me and the dogs to get out on the deck!   She is so pretty. This tree is in my backyard and yes these hawks are not suppose to go around people. Yet you can see she is here!



Rambo calls out for her mate and watches the sky. They have already mated once this morning. They mate several times a day for a week or so before the eggs are laid. I suspect she may mate with 2 of them as 3 have been flying all over the sky, chasing each other!







She is very vocal this morning. Really talking about something important! She could be announcing that she is ready to make the nest!






Rambo flew to this tree above me. She is at an abandoned squirrel nest. She grabs a mouth full of the nest and flies off. 






She flies to this pine tree. She is next to the trunk and close to the bottom of the frame. This is where her nest was 2 years ago. I hope she will build it here again as it is in view from my rooftop!




We will see what happens!  I will keep you posted!




For more information on these great hawks, check out the link below:
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/wild/species/redshoulderedhawk/








Look at these grey clouds all around!  A little bright spot-two peach buds ready to open.







Peach Tree bud opening up in the rain!  This tree says it is spring!








One little spot of brightness floating in the grey day. A Pink Kiss!







These flowers will turn into a peach if they are pollinated by the bees! This variety is named June Gold. Very sweet peaches, yellow flesh, freestone.






It is a Miracle every Spring to see new life return to the Gardens


check out the link below for more information on this fruit tree:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peach






At the end of the day, another Miracle-the sunset. No two are the same. This one produced this huge, glowing cloud.








It is over my roof!








Thank You  for coming by my page. I am happy to see you and hear from you. It has been a wonderful experience to meet so many people around the world that enjoy Nature like I do. Together we can make a difference in this world!






I could not believe how cool this cloud was!  Remember to make some time for yourself to be still and quiet. A sunset is a great place to start.





Make time for those you love and show them love. It all comes back to you, what you give away.  Joy is a good thing to give.







Sweet Dreams my Friends!






....this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek!   Happy Trails to You!



O+O

3 comments:

  1. Great Photo Blog love your presentations i always go with a smile on my face and warmth in my heart. Thank You1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You John. Good to know somebody is out there! (Surprise tonight!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog Brendasue. Hope Rambo attracts a mate and nature takes its course ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi Everybody! Please say hello and follow so I know you are here! Due to the inconsideration of people trying to put commercials on my blog comment area, I have restricted use of anonymous posts. Sorry that some hurt all.
My public email is katescabin@gmail.com No spammers or trolls