Hi Everybody!!

Hi Everybody!!
Welcome to my Hometown!!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Bye Bye Buzzards of Winter & Hello Spring



Hi Everybody!  Come on in for your short Nature Break!




Welcome to all new people joining our little mini Nature Class.
Huge Thank You to all who are providing great feedback,  wonderful compliments, and following the blog so I can see you! I am happy to be connecting with you Nature Lovers all around the World.

When I started this Bird Sanctuary, I had no birds here except what flew over in the sky. I knew a few birds, but not many. Mom loved her hummingbirds, but I never felt ecstatic over them as she did back then. I just figured she was a Nut! She would cry when the hummers left for the winter, to which I just said: "Good Grief, Give me a Break from this madness"!! I imagine she is laughing at me today as I am a little teary over my Buzzards. In fact, the whole world thinks I am a Nut for loving my Buzzards. There is something very special about the birds coming to eat, play and nest here. Yet, it is even more special when they come back the next year, and the next..... You get to know who they are and their daily habits. I know, big Dad the cardinal, is going to start singing at daybreak outside the window-he does it every day. I have become very close to the birds here, yet I have never touched one. We have respect for each other and admiration from a distance.

Your photostudy tonight is of a couple of my buzzards. They have already left the tall pine tree roost and moved on. But on this day of January 29, a few came over in the morning to sit in the morning tree. I grabbed my coffee and went out to hangout with them. I saw the one on top was King Buzz.  We sat together for awhile waiting for the sun to rise enough to warm us. What happened next was incredible to me. King Buzz began displaying his wings for me. Back and forth he went for awhile. I want you to notice how he establishes eye contact with me. Can You see that this bird is communicating something to me or am I really nuts??  Just so you know, these birds do not do this behavior in front of humans as they do not usually go around humans. If a human gets close to them, they fly off. Yet here is this bird looking at me and communicating something to me.  They have not been back since then, 5 days ago. I feel he came to say Good bye and then he left.
I know now how Mom felt when her birds left for the migration.









































































































Goodbye King Buzz 







A Bonus photostudy tonight to give my photofriends a taste of Spring!!! The Peach Blossoms & the Tiger Butterfly at Kates Cabin Bird Sanctuary in Texas.  Enjoy!















































































Goodbye to my King Buzz and his Gang!




........this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek- See Ya next time!





O+O








No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Everybody! Please say hello and follow so I know you are here! Due to the inconsideration of people trying to put commercials on my blog comment area, I have restricted use of anonymous posts. Sorry that some hurt all.
My public email is katescabin@gmail.com No spammers or trolls