Hi Everybody!!

Hi Everybody!!
Welcome to my Hometown!!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Brugmansia-The Deadly Angels of Rainbow Creek, Part 2: Grand Opening



Hi Everybody!  Welcome to Rainbow Creek and this Photo Blog!    
Nature Break!




Yesterday, I shared the Angel's Trumpet Flowers with You- The big, white, bell shaped flowers that open at Night. Today I am sharing the same flower, but these are (yellow) buds as they twirl open!! These views were captured before sunset as the opening process begins. The (tropical) plant is taller than I am, so I am looking up as the flower is hanging down. My back yard has many trees, so I get odd shadows in the setting sun that you see displayed here. I keep these plants in a fenced off area as they are toxic to humans and animals. They freeze back in the winter here in S. Texas.

I have pasted part of the text from the following link last night ( you will see if you scroll down) so you may refer to it for further information on this interesting plant!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brugmansia


I am very excited that my photos will be in the Google Search as images for this plant.  I try to enhance them with creative editing options.  When I was younger, I had to photo identify flowers and insects that were dull looking and usually dead.  My grandchildren will see bright colored images when they looks up this flower!
Thanks so much for coming in to my mini Nature Class!!!!


Enjoy!















































































By the time they are opened all the way, they will be white as seen in last night's post!


That is it!  Class Dismissed!!
Please follow or say hello by comment or 1+ anytime. Then I will see You!
Have a good day and I will talk to you tomorrow!



....this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek!



O+O

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is very informative thank you for sending. Excuse but my English is not so good because I have forgotten many words.
    You are not old, I am 15 years older and a grandma with 5 grandchildren. With the best wishes to you Christel

    ReplyDelete

Hi Everybody! Please say hello and follow so I know you are here! Due to the inconsideration of people trying to put commercials on my blog comment area, I have restricted use of anonymous posts. Sorry that some hurt all.
My public email is katescabin@gmail.com No spammers or trolls