Hi Everybody!!

Hi Everybody!!
Welcome to my Hometown!!

Monday, January 9, 2012

Welcome To All My New Friends Around The World!!

Hi Everybody!

Outside the little (great) town of Hempstead, Texas is a tiny one acre place where extraordinary things happen. I know this because I am here as witness to some of these unprecedented events in Nature. Most people in Hempstead knew me as the Chef of Liendo's. Just a normal country person that happened to be a very good cook! I did not know anything digital like a camera or computer. My Granddaughter's birth 5 years ago put the desire for a camera in me, for what is a Grandmother without photos of the Grandchildren?  But it was my dear friend, Brenda Sue Gunter that lit the flame of passion in me.  When I saw some of her lovely work with flowers, I was so amazed it was possible to make such beautiful photos. She and her husband taught me the computer (very difficult for them)! I bought a little camera, but was afraid to use it. My Son set it and put it in my hands and said just start shooting! I haven't stopped since. I began documenting the wonderful things around me in a little photostudy.  Several shots of same subject.

I wanted to share all this with You so that I might encourage you to begin to take photos of your world. My blog and digital images have shown many people what things in my yard look like. Some people do not have trees or flowers. Some do not have many birds. By sharing mine with the world, I have met people from all around the globe and get to see their places. We have a great opportunity on the Internet to share knowledge and fun and just enjoy each other from a distance. This is only the beginning! So start where you are and grow! I am not a professional photographer and I do not want to be one! I do not want to shoot indoors, or weddings, or even people! I do not want to travel  or carry around a bunch of stuff. It is great for all of those who want to pursue a career in Photography. For me, I am happy to walk out on my front porch in my nightgown and look up and shoot pics of the birds. I have learned how to enhance the digital images from my Canon point and shoot.  I make (some) beautiful images from available tools online. I have achieved my first goal. If this old lady can do this, so can You. Show me Your World!

Today's photostudy is of the Winter Trees at Kates Cabin Bird Sanctuary. Habitat Construction  was my specialty in this project! This is a truth I have witnessed: if you want many birds, it is good to have many trees!
All of these trees in the photostudy are on the grounds of the Sanctuary.  Enjoy!











































































































Hope You enjoyed my trees!  A special hello to all my Hempstead Friends and Facebook friends. Good to see you all again. This is my new blog. Please comment and let me know if it is easy to understand or too difficult to move around!!!!!!  Please sign on to follow my blog to keep up with the adventures around here!

See You Later!

.......this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek,  Happy Trails to You!



O+O




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Everybody! Please say hello and follow so I know you are here! Due to the inconsideration of people trying to put commercials on my blog comment area, I have restricted use of anonymous posts. Sorry that some hurt all.
My public email is katescabin@gmail.com No spammers or trolls