Hi Everybody!!

Hi Everybody!!
Welcome to my Hometown!!

Friday, January 13, 2012

Winter Wonderland at Kates Cabin Bird Sanctuary in Texas

Hi Everybody!
Come on in to the warmth and get out of the cold. We do not have too many freezes in my corner of Texas during winter. December was a mild winter month to close out the year. The first week of January brought banner days full of blue skies and sunshine. One of my red Maple trees began to bloom thinking it is Spring!
They say about Texas, if you do not like the weather, wait a minute and it will change. It changed last night and got very cold-brrrrrrrrrr. Temperatures plummeted to 25 degrees. I turned my sprinkler on last night around midnight, so I woke to Ice Gardens at Kates! Cloudy skies hid the sun for awhile, but the rise in temperature set the melting in process. I snapped a few pics and got hit in the head by a falling icicle!

A hard freeze needs to occur at least once in winter to benefit the yard. Fruit trees actually need a certain number of chilled hours or they will not produce fruit.  The freeze also lowers the number of pest insects like flies, fleas and mosquitoes.  The main thing for me is the snakes are in hibernation. This is the only time of year I work in the flower beds, never in the summer!  Enjoy the images of my little Ice Gardens as the ice is long gone. Stay Warm!















































...this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek






O+O

3 comments:

  1. Wunderschön !!! Ich wollte mich
    auch bei Blog anmelden , aber bis jetzt kam ich mit der Anmeldung nicht zurecht . Ist wohl zu schwierig für mich !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo mein Freund! Sie können dies tun, wenn ich dies tun können. Sie wählen die Vorlage, und sie machen den Rest! Sie können Fotos her haben Ihr Album, Picasa. Es sagt Ihnen, was zu tun ist. Sie können die Praxis zu sehen, ob es Ihnen gefällt! Viel Glück!
    danke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post! sorry i missed it yesterday but i see the ice is still there. Loving The Ice Garden which i'd never heard of till i met you...

    ReplyDelete

Hi Everybody! Please say hello and follow so I know you are here! Due to the inconsideration of people trying to put commercials on my blog comment area, I have restricted use of anonymous posts. Sorry that some hurt all.
My public email is katescabin@gmail.com No spammers or trolls