Hi Everybody!!

Hi Everybody!!
Welcome to my Hometown!!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Something to Crow About: The Big Bully of all Birds!


Hi Everybody!
Welcome to the new people who keep joining our mini Nature Class! This is not a normal 'school'. Here it is come if you want and come as you are. No teachers or tests. I share my birds and the adventures at Kates Cabin Bird Sanctuary in Texas. I present a photostudy. You can look at it and comment if you want  or just take off. I am offering an alternative viewing choice on the social networks. Personally, I have seen enough cats to last forever!! Birds Rock!

In thinking about the old school days, I am reminded of the bullies. The kids that always picked on others and sometimes made them cry. Our photostudy today is of my resident Crow. He is the bully of the sanctuary! He chases Rambo the Hawk. He picked on the buzzards when they were here by flying into them! Of course he chases the squirrels and little birds from the feeding station so he can get the corn. I named him Korny because he eats so much corn.

Today we will find Korny in the top of the tall Pines that were home to the buzzards until a few days ago when they left. Now the Crow has claimed these trees. I wanted you to see him sitting up there like a King.
Enjoy!

Follow this link for more on the crow:

"American Crows are familiar over much of the continent: large, intelligent, all-black birds with hoarse, cawing voices. They are common sights in treetops, fields, and roadsides, and in habitats ranging from open woods and empty beaches to town centers. They usually feed on the ground and eat almost anything – typically earthworms, insects and other small animals, seeds, and fruit but also garbage, carrion, and chicks they rob from nests. Their flight style is unique, a patient, methodical flapping that is rarely broken up with glides. Crows are rarely found alone."
See the above link for the remaining info on the crow and to hear its voice!


AMERICAN CROW





AMERICAN CROW




AMERICAN CROW





AMERICAN CROW





AMERICAN CROW





AMERICAN CROW






AMERICAN CROW





AMERICAN CROW





AMERICAN CROW









AMERICAN CROW




AMERICAN CROW





AMERICAN CROW







For YOU!







...this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek!  You can find me on Google+.
 I am +brendasue watson



O+O

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Everybody! Please say hello and follow so I know you are here! Due to the inconsideration of people trying to put commercials on my blog comment area, I have restricted use of anonymous posts. Sorry that some hurt all.
My public email is katescabin@gmail.com No spammers or trolls