Hi Everybody!!

Hi Everybody!!
Welcome to my Hometown!!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year from Kates Cabin Bird Sanctuary in Texas

Hi Everybody!


I hope you all made it into the New Year. This year I am planning some exciting things at the Bird Sanctuary and invite you all to follow this blog or G+.




These are three Black Vultures which are members of the colony of Turkey Buzzards that stay at the Sanctuary for the winter months. I am doing daily photodocumentation of their visit. These are beautiful and very interesting birds. They are not frightened of me and allow me to hang out with them. I hope to show you the beauty of these birds!








I am standing in my backyard photographing the morning sun rising over my cabin. I wanted You to see that I do not 'have a garden'; rather I live in a Garden! I love trees and especially my trees that I have been planting on this property for twenty years! This is also why I have so many birds! I am in a rural community in South Texas (Waller County). This year I am going to use this blog as my gardening and birding journal online. I will display the trees at different times of the year to give you an idea of the yearly cycle of trees. Today my baby Pear Trees are exploding with color to give us a colorful beginning to this New Year.


The photostudy for today is the Cleveland Select Flowering Pear Trees on the grounds of Kates Cabin Bird Sanctuary in Texas. The link below will provide you with more information on these wonderful trees!
http://www.tytyga.com/Flowering-Pear-Trees-s/1880.htm?gclid=CMjQ7umGsK0CFeJdTAodIwg0qw

I encourage everyone to plant trees and provide habitat for the birds. New this year I will be offering consulting online for creating wildlife habitats. (more later).
I wish you all a wonderful New Year and look forward to the online community of Nature Lovers sharing information, photos and personal reflections of experiences in Nature. We have a beautiful Earth to explore and enjoy!








































































.....this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek!




O+O

1 comment:

  1. beautiful. Love all the shots especially the very first one of your cabin under the morning sun
    peace n abundance,
    CheyAnne
    http://cheyannesexton.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi Everybody! Please say hello and follow so I know you are here! Due to the inconsideration of people trying to put commercials on my blog comment area, I have restricted use of anonymous posts. Sorry that some hurt all.
My public email is katescabin@gmail.com No spammers or trolls